Menu
Disappointed121
Tuning in
Message 51 of 142
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo tuners missing from info

Just phoned Virgin. Won’t give me a V6 box, have to pay for it, even though it’s not mine to keep! Wanting £120 for it. Didn’t seem to be aware of software change, kept offering to send an engineer if it’s not working correctly. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 52 of 142
Flag for a moderator

@Disappointed121 wrote:

Just phoned Virgin. Won’t give me a V6 box, have to pay for it, even though it’s not mine to keep! Wanting £120 for it. Didn’t seem to be aware of software change, kept offering to send an engineer if it’s not working correctly. 

Try the "Thinking of Leaving Us" option on the phone line (during office hours) as the UK-based Retentions team have more scope to provide discounts/offers/credits rather than see someone leave VM.

Keith

Superuser1718.png

MrsE34
On our wavelength
Message 53 of 142
Flag for a moderator

If they start up with that c**p when I phone it'll be difficult not get angry with them. They should all be aware of any updates, otherwise what's the point of them?! I could just as easily pick up the phone and say "I don't know anything, book an engineer".

chops
Rising star
Message 54 of 142
Flag for a moderator

Not surprised as they were fined £7 million last week for several short-comings.

Disappointed121
Tuning in
Message 55 of 142
Flag for a moderator

It was the UK retentions team I spoke to. Been with Virgin and it’s predecessors since they launched but that doesn’t seem to count.

carnivalist
Superfast
Message 56 of 142
Flag for a moderator

What an utter joke. How on earth can this ridiculous company force an update that significantly DOWNGRADES its service? 

Offering to replace the TIvos with the V6 will not remotely be a solution for huge numbers of customers. Are they completely dim and so don't appreciate that many people will have recordings they want to keep, or are they being appallingly sly and trying to force customers into giving up Tivos even if they are happy with them?

My blood is absolutely boiling over this - had I known this was coming I'd never have renewed my contract. I suppose I'm more fortunate than most people on this thread as they offered to give me a V6 as a second box and waive the installation, but this still means an extra £9 a month, only shortly after I downgraded my package to save money. Moreover I live alone and this would involve getting a second TV that I don't really need when I am on a low income.

The only alternative is to wait 9 months and leave, or pay a shedload of money to leave now. I absolutely will leave if this functionality isn't restored. If Virgin can do this once they can do it again - what's the point of renewing next year if Virgin can simply downgrade the V6 or any subsequent box whenever they feel like it? HOw do I know they won't remove some functionality or other on their broadband and so on? What utter swear words this company is.

I urge people to write to Virgin complaints and do it by signed for mail for less than a quid. Phoning/e-mailing is futile and is less hassle for them anyway. Please don't leave it and suffer in silence - a short description of your anger and letting them know you won't be renewing will do

The address is; 

Virgin Media Head Office
Griffin House
161 Hammersmith Road
Hammersmith
London W6 8BS

Just a couple of questions.

Do Sky have the multi-channel buffer option that the Tivo has lost? Are there any freeview boxes that do this?

carnivalist
Superfast
Message 57 of 142
Flag for a moderator

I don't understand. Surely you have to be recording something, which is no solution as you can't simply set different tuners to different channels and use it a s +1 function for three channels.

carnivalist
Superfast
Message 58 of 142
Flag for a moderator

I was told it's not a bug but a performance improvement (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!) and won't be reverted. So my tivo box is now seriously downgraded in return for a minor improvement in speed. What an absolute joke. Why does almost every "improvement" this company makes cause frustration and upset? What an utter joke.

carnivalist
Superfast
Message 59 of 142
Flag for a moderator

@MrsE34 wrote:

I haven't complained directly yet, I'm working myself up to phoning!!

Don't bother. Escalate it to a written complaint. It will take time, but you'll eventually get a written reply that will have more chance of being noted by VIrgin rather than being fobbed off by someone in India.

Virgin Media Head Office
Griffin House
161 Hammersmith Road
Hammersmith
London W6 8BS

carnivalist
Superfast
Message 60 of 142
Flag for a moderator

@Pamela-- wrote:

Contacted the team last week by mail as I have hearing difficulties. No reply to date!

IT takes time. It took about a month for me to receive a response to a diiferent complaint.

0 Kudos