Menu
MrsE34
On our wavelength
Message 41 of 142
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo tuners missing from info

I haven't complained directly yet, I'm working myself up to phoning!!

Pamela--
Tuning in
Message 42 of 142
Flag for a moderator

You cannot watch where you left off on the channel you were watching to look at recordings as now it resets to present time. This also happens if you stop a recording, you cannot run your watched programme back after changes elsewhere. Needs to be put this back to the previous version. May as well not bother with Virgin now as probably better with tv and a recorder as this setting is now rubbish. Been a customer for many yrs now but not going to pay for what I have now!! Sadly same as other folk got many progs on Tivo box.

0 Kudos
Pamela--
Tuning in
Message 43 of 142
Flag for a moderator

Nor me, no better than tv with ordinary recorder. Back to the old days!

0 Kudos
Pamela--
Tuning in
Message 44 of 142
Flag for a moderator

True

0 Kudos
Pamela--
Tuning in
Message 45 of 142
Flag for a moderator

Contacted the team last week by mail as I have hearing difficulties. No reply to date!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 46 of 142
Flag for a moderator

It seems unlikely that VM are going to revert this software change and I suppose that their position on this (in addition to that stated at post 27 earlier in this thread) would be that they suggest customers move to having the V6 rather than the now ageing TiVos; as the V6 runs the same interface (but much faster) and has 6 tuners that are buffering/recording and those buffers can be switched between & rewound/paused (as per the old TiVo functionality that is being discussed herein).

Unfortunate for those that don't want to move to the V6 now, but at some point they'll retire all the TiVos anyway.

Keith

Superuser1718.png

0 Kudos
Pamela--
Tuning in
Message 47 of 142
Flag for a moderator

Better worded than my post and says it all! Yes going to have a look elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Pamela--
Tuning in
Message 48 of 142
Flag for a moderator

Yes, but we lose our recorded programmes- this has happened to me twice before. Won't have tivo box back if they want to replace it! Will find a way to save some of the recordings (I can do this with Panasonic recorder again) 

0 Kudos
Pamela--
Tuning in
Message 49 of 142
Flag for a moderator

Don't think it will make any difference, but for the sake of the rest of us suffering the same problem please do it. Thank you. I emailed last week (as I have hearing  difficulties) no reply to date!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 50 of 142
Flag for a moderator

@Pamela-- wrote:

Yes, but we lose our recorded programmes- this has happened to me twice before. Won't have tivo box back if they want to replace it! Will find a way to save some of the recordings (I can do this with Panasonic recorder again) 

But if you leave VM then you'll lose your recordings as well!   Unless you've archived them off to your Panasonic (which you're not really meant to do), in which case you could change to a V6 because you'd have saved your recordings!

You can also keep your old TiVo alongside the V6 for a little while (for a small charge) and then watch the older recordings from it before returning it.

Keith

Superuser1718.png