Menu
chops
Rising star
Message 21 of 38
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo tuners missing from info

We need as many futile technician visits and equipment swaps to happen as possible - only then will the message get through to VM. Their call centre is useless so that is the only way to get it reported back to whoever needs to 'fix' it.

grayz
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@chops wrote:

We need as many futile technician visits and equipment swaps to happen as possible - only then will the message get through to VM. Their call centre is useless so that is the only way to get it reported back to whoever needs to 'fix' it.

After an agonising 20 minute call and call back

Technician  booked for Monday.

chops
Rising star
Message 23 of 38
Flag for a moderator

That's great - let us know his explanation and if he is able to report it to VM for some action.

Don't let them waste your time by just trying a box swap - you will lose your recordings by doing that.

0 Kudos
grayz
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@chops wrote:

That's great - let us know his explanation and if he is able to report it to VM for some action.

Don't let them waste your time by just trying a box swap - you will lose your recordings by doing that.

Technician was surprised and had never seen the fault before. He made some phone calls and it was confirmed that the latest software was an issue for "Some Tivo boxes" 

Suggested V6 but I declined as I have too many recordings at the moment ( box 80% Full )    

0 Kudos
chops
Rising star
Message 25 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@grayz wrote:

@chops wrote:

Technician was surprised and had never seen the fault before. He made some phone calls and it was confirmed that the latest software was an issue for "Some Tivo boxes" 

Suggested V6 but I declined as I have too many recordings at the moment ( box 80% Full )    

Thanks for the update - hopefully more engineer visits to those affected will finally result in a software fix or rollback to the previous working software 20.7  version and restore full functions to all the TiVos affected by this blunder.

Buggytivo
Joining in
Message 26 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I spoke to customer support today they said never heard of it before. They checked higher up. My box must be faulty. Needs engimeer they said. Cannot switch channel not lose rewind. Is now useless to me!

Message 27 of 38
Flag for a moderator

To improve the performance of the TiVo® box, recent changes have been applied to ‘idle’ tuners that are not recording.. Due to this change the ‘ live tuner setting’ no longer appears . This information can still be accessed by selecting ‘My Shows’ to see what is being recorded’

0 Kudos
chops
Rising star
Message 28 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam wrote:

To improve the performance of the TiVo® box, recent changes have been applied to ‘idle’ tuners that are not recording.. Due to this change the ‘ live tuner setting’ no longer appears . This information can still be accessed by selecting ‘My Shows’ to see what is being recorded’

Well that answer doesn't make much sense as the 2 other tuners were not idle but actively recording the previous one hour on 2 different channels that could then be viewed as a sort of +1 facility.

Why, after 5 years since TiVo was introduced, has only now this 'tinkering with something that wasn't broken' taken place. It's certainly not an improvement but instead has seriously degraded the TiVo recorder and removed one of it's most useful features. Were any customers consulted beforehand...?

grayz
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam wrote:

So if you want to know whats recording press " My shows" causing the current tv show to shrink to small screen in corner press right. Scroll through your recordings if you have them in alphabetical order looking for the one that's highlighted red ( hopefully not a show beginning with Z as you will have to scroll through all your shows )  you now know what your red light / lights are indicating  press TV, screen goes black for a second then the TV show you were watching is back. Unlike the old way before the "improvement" press Info transparent box appears press down 4 times all shows recording displayed.press right to go to one of the tuners or press tv to return. 

virgin current TiVo manual  says - press info "Want to know whats recording scroll down to the R symbol at the bottom "

chops
Rising star
Message 30 of 38
Flag for a moderator

The curious thing is that not all areas have had this disastrous 'upgrade' forced on them (ver : 20.8.1.RC-2-VMC-2-COO). So how can us unlucky users revert to the previous fully working software version ?

0 Kudos