Menu
grayz
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo tuners missing from info

my current software is 20.8.1.RC2-VMC-2-C00 

was so useful to be able to flip between the tuners. The virgin user guide even states " highlight the Rrr at the bottom of the info banner, this will show you what is playing or  recording on the other tuners. Press ok to view."

One of the best features of the Tivo

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Interesting. That is, indeed, a new TiVo level.

That same level on V6 does not suffer from the issue you describe.

chops
Rising star
Message 13 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Yes - that's it the same software I received 2 days ago that has caused all the problems. Is it possible to roll back to the earlier versions that worked so well for the last 4+ years.? Now it's a much less useful recorder being unable to view other channels or switch between the 3 with a one hour buffer on each that allowed recordings to be made even if the start was missed.

0 Kudos
chops
Rising star
Message 14 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Just spoken to the India based call-centre and unfortunately they are as arrogant and unhelpful as ever. In complete denial of it being a  software problem they told me I only have 2 choices - an engineer visit or a replacement V6 or Tivo box. Well, I hope VM are prepared for all the unnecessary engineer visits and equipment swaps that will result from having such  poorly trained staff at their offshore customer service centre.

The unhelpful agent (or 'manager' as it was a callback)  refused to acknowledge it's a software problem and would not pass the complaint onto the correct VM department (in UK ?) responsible for Tivo software.

0 Kudos
chops
Rising star
Message 15 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Are VM working on a 'fix' to this problem - if not how can it be referred to them to investigate and report back to their customers ?

0 Kudos
grayz
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I was also wondering if this issue is known about at Virgin. There are other issues with this update ive noticed. if you use on demand when you  revert to live TV the buffer has reset so you cant rewind. 

0 Kudos
chops
Rising star
Message 17 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@grayz wrote:

I was also wondering if this issue is known about at Virgin. There are other issues with this update ive noticed. if you use on demand when you  revert to live TV the buffer has reset so you cant rewind. 

Yes, I saw that as well. I hope someone at Virgin is working to remedy these shortcomings or maybe they're not too bothered anymore as the Tivo becomes obsolete -  they have the V6 to market and use as a replacement if customers complain.

0 Kudos
chops
Rising star
Message 18 of 38
Flag for a moderator

So at a different location (London) I notice that the previous version of the software is in use 20.7.6 R121 and works perfectly - so the problem is with the newer version 20.8 which some areas are fortunate enough not to have yet received...…………………..

0 Kudos
grayz
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@chops wrote:

So at a different location (London) I notice that the previous version of the software is in use 20.7.6 R121 and works perfectly - so the problem is with the newer version 20.8 which some areas are fortunate enough not to have yet received...…………………..

That would explain why it isn't being flagged up on any forums. Its a massive step backwards for the TiVo. I will contact Virgin and see what results I get if they want to send an engineer out, so be it. Maybe then the issue can be raised within Virgin.   

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 20 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@grayz wrote:

@chops wrote:

That would explain why it isn't being flagged up on any forums. Its a massive step backwards for the TiVo. I will contact Virgin and see what results I get if they want to send an engineer out, so be it. Maybe then the issue can be raised within Virgin.   

Please don’t let them send out an engineer. It’s obviously a bug introduced by this RC2 software update.

0 Kudos