Menu
MaxB
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo to Tivo powerline issues

Hello, looking for some expert help on this:

Current set up. Hub 3. Connected to this are 1 desk-top PC, 1 wifi booster via ethernet with slave unit deployed. 1 Powerline 1000 master via ethernet, 3 slave units all connecting with ethernet being 1 TV, 1 CCTV recording device and one 2nd gen TIVO box. I have a V6 box connected directly to the hub.

All kit came from virgin.

All was working fine and I could watch recorded programmes from the V6 box on the TiVo box and vice versa. This has now stopped and each box says that is cannot connect to the other because of network problems (C423 network problems). 

I have had several calls to the tech help lines and every combination of reboot, disconnect, pull plug has been tried without success. The powerline slaves units all have 3 green lights, butTech help claim it is the ethernet cable going into the old TiVo box that is the problem and are sending me another. However, I have a spare one of theirs and tried that and it did not solve the issue.

So, I am stumped. Would be very grateful for ideas on how to fix this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo to Tivo powerline issues

Hi MaxB,

Thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your TiVo® and V6 connection.

I appreciate you taking time to call to have it sorted and I'm sorry to hear that it's still hasn't resolved after trying a new Ethernet cable. We'd like to help. We can do this via online chat so they can further run diagnostics with your connections. Just click on the pop up link and our team would be happy to assist you with troubleshooting.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Raine_G

MaxB
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. The chat guy referred me up to the next level of tech support...which didn't materialise. On the second attempt, they straight away assigned a visit by an engineer / technician, which I what I wanted. Hopefully the mystery will soon be solved.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maxb,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I am glad to hear that a technician is now booked, I am confident they will get to the bottom of your issue,let us know how it goes. 

If you have any further issues don't hesitate to contact us.

Many thanks.

Paul.

0 Kudos
MaxB
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ns out it was a fault with the Powerline 1000s, somehow they were generating a wrong IP address, so they replaced them with the newer version and all is well....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MaxB,

Thanks for keeping us updated and it's good to hear thing's have improved! Smiley Happy

If you do have any problems in the future please let us know. 

All the best, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos