Virgin can we get an update ?

We have been waiting a long time for an answer to this issue

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo still too SLOW for use, almost a year later

HI alexei

Sorry for the continued problems you're experiencing, are you using the V6 TiVo box at the moment or any other? 

We're always looking to improve our service but we're not seeing too many reports of the TiVo being as slow as we used to, so we're treating any new cases on an individual level to begin with, have you had a member of the team take a look at your set top box recently? 

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Maccaeight
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Only got our TiVo box a few months ago and it's been constantly slow. Not on V6 just a free TiVo but it painful to use, takes 10-20 seconds to change channel and Netflix login allows me to go do other things while I wait,
0 Kudos
Maccaeight
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Also your Facebook feed is full of complaints about speed issues and that is just in the last day
0 Kudos
alexei
Dialled in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

original tivo, replaced end of last year as virgin SAID a replacement would fix the issue, which I stated it wouldnt

0 Kudos
adrianm758
Dialled in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

"10-20 seconds to change a channel"..?

There's something wrong with your box then, you should get an engineer out to replace.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi alexei, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and apologies to hear you are still having an issue with your TiVo® running slower than usual. 

Checking the stats at my end, your input levels are a little out meaning we're going to need to get you an engineer out. I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi alexei, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly via private message. 

Looking at the notes, the engineer was booked last time to address a SNR issue which if not resolved, could have affected the whole cable you're connected to. The issue wasn't linked to the TiVo® and you were advised of this in the message from Ben back in November. 

As your input levels need adjusting, this affects your TiVo® box and will need resolving before we can run any further checks. 

Come back to me with the information I asked for and we can get this sorted for you. Once the input levels are resolved, if you're still having an issue, we can also then escalate from this end Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
alexei
Dialled in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

no its the classic tivo with the over bloated firmware that makes it donkey slow
0 Kudos
alexei
Dialled in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So any update from Virgin on these slow classic tivos ?

I am going to request stopping the tv service and my phone line I have never used in ten year and just keeping the internet for now 

Can I do that ?

0 Kudos