cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo stamdby issues

Hooperg3
Joining in

My Tivo keeps going into Standby even though the settings are set to 'Always On'. This has only been happening fir the last few months. How can I stop this? Is there an issue with the box? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried toggling the power-saving settings into the 2/4 hourly setting, and back to "always-on"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried toggling the power-saving settings into the 2/4 hourly setting, and back to "always-on"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

No I haven't but I'll give that a try. Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Hooperg3,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your TiVo box going into standby! 

I can see that the wonderful @japitts suggested you change your settings and then turn them back on to "always-on". Can you tell us if this has helped resolve your issue? 🙂

Keep us updated and let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

I tried the toggling to a different setting and back again. Sadly this has made no difference. The TIVO still goes into Standby while it's not being used. Any other ideas anyone?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How long after last being used, does standby kick in?

Hiya

Thanks for responding.

I couldn't give you an exact time however we go to bed and when we come to watch TV at around 6pm the following day we get a message on screen which says the box is going to go into Standby mode. It then switches itself off.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Something odd about this.

The TiVo has 2 power-saving options, the only difference between them is the timer. One is a 2hour limit, the other is 4. And in either case, the onscreen message you describe appears for a couple of minutes before the box just goes into power-saving and the video output is disabled.

I presume you've restarted your TiVo recently, just to eliminate the software feeling a little queezy? (technical term)