Menu
cuertech
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo software update

For the past week or more my tivo box (Samsung SMT C7100) has been displaying "Downloading software update - stage 1 of 3" message where the progress bar just keeps advancing but never seems to find the update. The box sits there with a steady blue led lit (on the right hand side of the panel) and a slow blinking red led adjacent.

I initially left the tivo box alone for 2 days to do its update but it never achieved it. 

Attempts to restart the tivo (after some internet research and some button press combination experimentation) failed and the tivo box just rebooted into the same software update screen.

I did finally get the tivo to restart to service by power cycling it while holding in the down arrow key - this takes about 8 minutes after which all works normally whilst in use, but even when the tivo is left powered up overnight, the tivo reverts to the update screen, this is with power saving disabled in settings.

There must be more than just I with this issue. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo software update

Hi cuertech,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Tivo box.

I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can run some diagnostic checks and get this resolved for you. 

I will send you an invite shortly please click on the purple envelope.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
cuertech
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Paul for your prompt response to my Tivo issue, with Paul's help  I  now have a technician appointment booked for tomorrow a.m. to attend to a suspected hardware problem with  the Tivo box which overnight once again began to seek software updates.

0 Kudos
cuertech
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

An update on my Tivo box situation:

A technician arrived as promised, after some questions and a quick confirmation of the fault, he swapped out my old Tivo box for a brand new, later model unit .

Whilst this was installing he did some checks outside on the incoming service and reported to base some issue about  signal levels which was to be attended to in due course.
After concluding the paperwork I had a fully functioning Tivo box.

I must say that despite the often negative publicity about the company that my experience with Virginmedia when issues have arisen has always been a pretty positive one and particularly so in this case.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi cuertech,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how things went with the tech visit.

It's always great to hear when a customer has a positive experience and they are happy with the service they have received. 

if you need any help in future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos