Menu
victry77
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo so slow and no catch up

I had a new tivo box installed on Thursday and when I tried it out in the evening, everything seemed to be working fine except there was no available catch up or on demand service. It kept saying it was unavailable and to try again later.

Following day, the menu for each service appeared so I assumed all was well. Just tried to access catch up now and the same problem. I got iplayer set up but even with this, everytime I try to access a show, it just keeps buffering until I give up. I tried using the search function on the home screen, this is also unavailable. Now I can't even change CHANNELS!

Are these typical teething problems or do I need to get in touch with tech, or just any idea what the issue could be? I've run a status check and it said all was fine us no known problems in the area. 

0 Kudos
victry77
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo so slow and no catch up

I switched everything off for 10 mins and when I put it back on it came up with a C233 error: Invalid network settings. 

No idea what this means. 

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box or V6 box

the old TiVo box is not suitable for streaming, media guide or changing channels , unless you are patient enough to wait 2-3 seconds between button presses

theses are not the signs of teething problems

i returned TiVo for v6

if you have v6 then it is a problem that is unexpected 

0 Kudos
victry77
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Right, thanks. I called tech and they said the network setting were incorrect and reset the router at their side. It appears to have fixed the problem and I've now got access to catch up, I player, etc. 

0 Kudos