cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo remote not recognising Sharp Aquos . Virgin not done anything about it it seems

Bilko2
Joining in

Keep getting error PR4/5000 . No Sharp on list of Manufacturers to program my TiVo remote to turn off and on no control on sound and mute. Anyone know how to do it?

19 REPLIES 19

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you followed the instructions at...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-using-tv-remote#tab1

There are 3 Sharp codes shown too.  1026  1094 1175  -  may be for older models tho'.  You can to a code search too - in the instructions.

Screenshot 2019-06-19 at 15.31.25.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tried a list containing these codes, but got nowhere. Looking at people’s troubles with this issue it seems to be a long running problem. All I want is the correct code. I’ve been through all the virgin troubleshooting ideas and got nowhere. Using two remotes at the moment. Why no Sharp on the drop down list?

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Bilko2,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for posting. I'm sorry that you've been having difficulties pairing your remote to your TV.

Just to confirm, have you tried connecting your device by performing a manual code search? This is a slightly different process to entering an individual code, the following steps would guide you through this.

- Make sure the TV and your V6 box are switched on
- Press and hold down Clear and TV at the same time, until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice
- Enter the code 0999 to access the TV code database - the LED will flash green twice
- Press Channel Up repeatedly until a code turns off your TV - the LED will flash green each time a code is sent
- When the TV turns off, Press OK on your virgin TV remote - The LED will flash green twice to confirm that the code has stored
- With the TV turned off, use the TV remote to turn your TV back on
- Press Volume Up / Down and Mute to check that the remote is working with your TV. If it isn't working continue to search using Channel Up until the next code turns off the TV, and repeat steps 5 and 6
- When the Volume and Mute keys work, press OK to store the code. The LED will then flash green twice
- If you reach the end of the code database, the light on top of the remote will give an extended red flash and exit programming mode.

NOTE: If you think you’ve missed the code, you can work backwards through the code database by pressing the Channel Down button at any time.

Once you’ve set up your Virgin TV V6 remote to control the volume and mute on your TV, some TVs will support control of the standby function too. To check this, just press and hold Standby for more than 5 seconds and then release, and your TV should turn off. Repeat this to turn your TV back on. If this doesn’t work correctly, then you’ll need to use your TV remote to turn your TV on and off.

Thanks,

Rachael

Thanks for your replies, I’ve managed to get the remote to work on the tv. Everything functions except the mute button. Is there anything I can do about it? 

How did u get it to work. Thank you

I'm having problems too with my tivo remote not connecting to my brand new Sharp aquos TV. Arrived yesterday.

I've gone through all the codes and had a go at the 0999 followed by the chanel up button but still nothing. Any more ideas or should I phone virgin?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi lesliejackson,

Sorry to see you are having problems setting up your remote.

I know this might sound strange, but I had a remote that wouldn't pair until I tried using the TV Connect app. Might be worth a try? It will also be useful until you do get your remote working. TV Control app 

There's also a full list of codes here TV Remote codes 

Finally aanother way you possibly haven't tried to pair your remote Using TV remote 

Good luck.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sorry but it's still not working done all the things you suggest... 😒

What should I do?

Shall I phone virgin?? 

Hi Bilko2, do you remember the code you used as I am having same problem?