cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo remote and hitachi smart tv

lincman41
Joining in

I've tried every remote code known to man and hundreds more to try and connect my remote to my new Hitachi 58hk6100ub smart tv.and still no success.ive even got in touch with virgin and had a new remote sent out.now I have two remotes that won't control the sound on my TV.ive read every forum posting on this subject . Is there anyone that could suggest another way. Oh and I've done the 0999 code option too.many thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @lincman41,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been having some issues pairing your remote to your TV. May I ask what model of our TV boxes you have, please?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi lincman41,

Having you tried the instructions here? /help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/not-working-v6 

This should reset the remote and force a re-pair in case it's already paired with a different TV.

Have you also tried the Hitachi codes from the following pdf? Downloads VM TiVo TV Remote Code List.pdf 

Programming your remote using a device code

If you’ve been unable to programme your remote by searching for the correct code, you can also programme the correct code into your remote from the device code list.

1. Make sure your TV and your TiVo/V6 box are switched on
  2. Find your make of TV and the 4 digit code(s) that match it. Try the codes in the order listed.
  3. Press and hold down  the Clear  and TV buttons at the same time, until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
  4. Enter the four digit code for your TV's make from the list. The LED should then flash green twice. This shows you’ve entered a valid code
  5. Press  the Volume up/down and Mute button to check that the remote is working. If not, repeat the steps above using a different code for your TV from the list.
  6. Once you’ve programmed your remote you’ll notice that the light on the top will flash green instead of red when using it for volume and mute control.

Hitachi codesHitachi codes

The V6 can also be paired with the remote by accessing the following options and following the on screen instructions;

1. Select  Home on the remote
  2. Select Help & Settings
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select Devices
  5. Select  Remote Control Pairing
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi newappollo

Yeah I've done all that you have suggested in your reply,thanks for that anyway.

Unfortunately nothing has worked, and tried numerous times.the remote is working fine with the virgin box but will not pair with the TV so I can control the sound.no matter what code and on both of the remotes, old and new.

Hi 

Still unable to get my tivo remote to control new hitachi smart tv.ive tried everything that is normally suggested.still no luck , Help!!! 

Hi @lincman41,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been having some issues pairing your remote to your TV. May I ask what model of our TV boxes you have, please?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi zach

20211003_115104_remastered.jpg

 this is our tivo box, I can't see any make or model name on it 

It's the tivo v6 model zach

Hi lincman41,

Thanks for confirming which box you are using. Unfortunately, as you have tried every possible way to get your V6 remote to pair with your Hitachi TV, it may not be possible to do so.

Not every TV is compatible with our remote controls. As you have tried all the codes, we have available already, and followed the advice off our valued member @newapollo, and this has still not worked, there is not much more we can give in the way of advice.

We do apologise as this will mean having to use two separate controls at this present time.

Kind regards Jodi. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @lincman41 

There's one other method you can try, however it may need a bit of perseverance, possibly around 50 key presses (make sure you have fresh batteries)

Go to  HOME > Help and Settings > Help > Set up Remote. 

Follow the instructions there it should give you a series of codes to try. 

If/when that fails try  0999 in place of the code and press channel up until the TV turns off, then press OK.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi new apollo

Thanks but I've tried the 0999 method various times, also unpaired and repaired both remotes,  still no luck I'm afraid 😢