cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo recordings intermittently pixelated

rilej
Tuning in
  • We are fining that recordings on our Tivo box are pixelating intermittently and also same occurs when watching programme on demand
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Recordings being pixellated can be either due to the source TV signal being poor (easily tested by watching live) or by a hard drive fault (tested by pausing for a short time and watching delayed)

It's unusual for OnDemand to be affected in the same way, that would tend to suggest a video output issue - how is your live TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Recordings being pixellated can be either due to the source TV signal being poor (easily tested by watching live) or by a hard drive fault (tested by pausing for a short time and watching delayed)

It's unusual for OnDemand to be affected in the same way, that would tend to suggest a video output issue - how is your live TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for the reply. Live TV is fine but finding the recordings are pixelated + jumping

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @rilej, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing, is this happening on multiple set top boxes, or just one in particular?

If this is just on one box, it may be worth switching the boxes over to see if the fault follows the set top box, or if it remains at the outlet of the effected set top box.

I've attempted to run a flow on your equipment and it appears that this is unreachable - which tells me it's switched off. Do you leave your set top box in standby mode, or is this powered off completely?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David, 

Thanks for the reply. Both boxes are always on standby or in use so not sure why you can't access them to test.

I will try swapping them in the meantime but it is not happening to the box upstairs and appears to be only some channels that have the recording issues on the Tivo box downstairs. 

Thanks Jane 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rilej,

Thank you for coming back to us and confirming that your TV boxes are both on standby. Have you tried to swap them around to see if this can help with the issue?

Have you tried to reboot your TV boxes to see if a system refresh can resolve this? 

Let us know how you get on so we can assist you further,

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs