Menu
timbo57
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo reboot

Picture stutters and box needs rebooting to resolve. Have to reboot several times a week - is this a common problem or perhaps symptomatic of a faulty hard drive?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo reboot

Hi definitely not normal, phone and go down the Tv faults route they can check while you are on the line and if necessary arrange for an engineer to come to you and replace the box.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
rewarriner
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, we have the same problem. The recording lately are often unwatchable. I phoned faults and they say our box is fine. Last night when recording two programmes it rebooted itself in the middle of the recordings. Apparently as a loyal customer since the days of NTL we are not entitled to a free upgrade to the T6 box.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Timbo57, thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of this.

Is this happening on all channels? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi rewarriner, 

My apologies for this. What was the resolution of the call last night please? Also, what box do you currently have? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
timbo57
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Yes it can happen on any channel, but it's intermittent and especially noticeable when there is movement across the screen e.g. any graphics or moving vehicles etc.

0 Kudos
rewarriner
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The resolution was that we should see if the problem resolved over the next few days. That was before the box restarted itself mid-recording two channels. Luckily BBC iPlayer etc will cover the missing recordings. It is too soon to be sure if the issue has fully resolved although to be fair the last couple of recodings have been OK.

Our box is the 1Tb Tivo with three tuners. We were told that we have to pay £99 to change for the current issue T6 box and couldn't keep the existing box (assuming it now functions OK) in another room without an additional subscription even though we only would want to keep it to access the recordings already made.  As we already pay VM over £1,100 pa we are reluctant to spend any more especially since new customers get the newer tuner by default.

0 Kudos