Flag for a moderator

Tivo prog guide says to be announced

Had this problem for months now...switching box off and on does not fix it

japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo prog guide says to be announced

Is this affecting all channels and all future times? Or only certain channels in the future?

I'm trying to figure out whether you have a problem with your TiVo not getting a regular (every 5-6 hours approx) connection to update the guide and eventually all channels run out of data.. or if it's just certain channels, say, more than 7 days ahead (which can happen with BBC1 especially around the weekend).

The first thing is to try Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network and make sure the box is connecting roughly every 5 hours.

If you can give a little more info, someone on here can probably help.

0 Kudos
Fburns
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have read all the other complaints about this.  It is a Virgin Media k own issue...why are you pretending you do not know about this problem.  Very disappointing.

japitts
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Fburns wrote:

I have read all the other complaints about this.  It is a Virgin Media k own issue...why are you pretending you do not know about this problem.  Very disappointing.

You may not be aware, but this is primarily a forum for Virgin Media customers (for that is all I am) to help each other out, with VM staff wading in about a week or so later if necessary.

I'm another customer just trying to help you out, I'm sorry that disappoints you.

av-115
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's a problem unique to you because your upstream signal levels are out of spec and/or you have a box fault. If you don't report the issue to VM then how can they even be aware of it let alone resolve it? In this case you need an engineer out to rebalance the signal levels and/or replace your box. If you have broadband with VM, you'll get a V6 which is miles better than your current TiVo box.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Fburns
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry I thought you wee a VM person.  I cannot get through to report the fault.  

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Fburns wrote:

I am sorry I thought you wee a VM person.  I cannot get through to report the fault.  

It's going to be quicker if you can wait on the phone. What I do is put them on speakerphone and carry on with what I'm doing until they answer. Failing that, the forum team will be along in a few days to a week, and they will be able to assist.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Fburns

Thank you for posting on our community forum pages. 

We are sorry to hear that you have been having ongoing problems with the programme guide. 

To ensure that customers get the best out of their services we would always recommend switching off the set top box at the mains on a regular basis to ensure that data is downloaded.

If this doesn't happen regularly can you please perform a service connection?

To do this please to go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network >Select "Connect to the Virgin Media Service now and then wait 10 seconds.

After this can you let us know if you receive an error message? 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@David_Pn wrote:

Hello Fburns

To ensure that customers get the best out of their services we would always recommend switching off the set top box at the mains on a regular basis to ensure that data is downloaded.

Just as a matter of interest, how often do Virgin CS recommend a box should be power-cycled? Personally - if a box is working fine otherwise, I'd have thought leaving it alone to operate reliably would be the way to go.

I know that periodically VM enforce reboots overnight, but I thought that generally coincided with software updates.

LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi I think it's good practice to reboot every two weeks or so, do it when you are not recording or you will lose the recording.Regards Micky
0 Kudos