Menu
Meggiemay2011
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo monthly fee

Hi

I'm sorting out my 87 year old mother in laws Virgin package. 

Apparently, she's been out of contract for over 4 years and paying £63.49 plus £1.75 for a paper bill. She just has TV and phone package, no Broadband. 

She pays £19.00 for line rental and £44.49 for the bundle, which consists of Talk Unlimited Extra, Fun TV (L) and Tivo monthly fee.

My question is What is the Tivo monthly fee?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo monthly fee

The TiVo monthly fee is for the TiVo box which provides the TV service, including the capability to record.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

'What is the Tivo monthly fee?'

it is the rental fee for the tv box she has. unlike some other providers who you have to buy the boxes from, virgin boxes are never owned. this is good because if the virgin box goes kaput they will replace at no cost.

you may be able to haggle down the current price if you phone 150/thinking of leaving option. obviously have your mother in law close by as you would need to pass security questions.

0 Kudos
Meggiemay2011
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both. 

How much is the Tivo monthly fee?  Its not split on the paper bill.

Also, if she does leave, will they ask for the box back?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is nominally £5 per month but you can’t have the TV service without the TiVo box and this charge.

If you cancel, I believe you will not be asked to return the box but you should check this if you decide to leave.

Without the TV service, you will need another way of delivering TV channels to your TV, such as an external, terrestrial aerial.

0 Kudos
Meggiemay2011
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie

Thing is, she only watches a few channels and most of them are on Free View, except Gold, Alibi and one or 2 others. She doesn't need broadband as she doesn't watch on demand. She doesn't even want to use Pause, Rewind and Record. 

I know I can get her a better deal elsewhere, but she doesn't want to leave Virgin as she is used to them. She doesn't want the bother of getting to grips with a new subscriber, the inconvenience and having to learn a new remote and navigation.

She'd rather just pay over the odds and have no change. 

I Rang Virgin today, on her bahalf and they quoted £60 odd and that's with basic phone and the 2nd from bottom package, think it was Mix, but I'm not sure.

I will ring them again tomorrow. 

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos