Menu
iann
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tivo loses paused live TV after watching recording

In the last couple of days, I am unable to pause live TV when watching a recording, or even to rewind live TV after a recording ends. When I stop watching a recording, live TV resets itself to the current time even if its was paused and cannot be rewound. I can watch the red bar disappear along with the TV I was planning to catch up on. This didn't used to happen, certainly not before this week. This is not the "feature" where recording the same channel as live TV destroys the live TV - it happens with any channel.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo loses paused live TV after watching recording

Displeasure at this new software level and features removed has been reported elsewhere on the forum.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
iann
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've searched and can't find anything about this. Is it older than just this week? Is it going to be fixed or do I just have to record everything now?
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not sure this is the same issue.  I got the update last night that has all the issues in the linked posts.  I have just tried to replicate the issue @iann has posted about.  I paused live TV,  returned to watching a recording, then returned to the paused live feed and was still able to watch from the point it was paused and rewind to an earlier point.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
iann
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie. Missing tuners didn't strike me as the same thing, but several people deep into the threads describe exactly my problem. Two different but related things? A second software update along the way? This was definitely not happening on my box before this week. Looks like a deliberate attempt to try and save something (electricity?) by not using tuners that aren't explicitly recording or being watched. Dumb. Might have to do some more tests, Graham, and see just when it happens and when not. It happens a lot, but from time to time it doesn't. Maybe only a problem when something is recording? Or when an ongoing recording is also being watched? Or it only kicks in after a certain time away from live TV?
0 Kudos
grayz
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This issue is part of the software update. Seems to only happen when you start watching a show that is currently recording. If you watch an older recording the one tuner will stay active.

0 Kudos
carnivalist
Superfast
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's the same issue. This pathetic update has a few idiosyncrasies that make it even more infuriating. For example depending on how you access catch-up you can lose the buffer of the currently watched programme - i.e if you watch a catch-up programme and return to live TV you can't rewind unless you're careful.. I can't remember what method allows you to keep the buffer and which doesn't,

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@carnivalist wrote:

It's the same issue. This pathetic update has a few idiosyncrasies that make it even more infuriating. For example depending on how you access catch-up you can lose the buffer of the currently watched programme - i.e if you watch a catch-up programme and return to live TV you can't rewind unless you're careful.. I can't remember what method allows you to keep the buffer and which doesn't,

As a guess I would say use the return to video key (between guide and mute) rather than the TV key.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos