Menu
StephenAllan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo live tv pause issue

Hi.  I was about to watch a movie earlier on ITV 4 on my Tivo box which was Lethal Weapon 3 but I had to do something else just before it started so I paused it for about half an hour so I could watch it from the beginning.  I started watching the movie and about 15 minutes into the movie I accidentally changed the channel but when I changed it back it was half an hour forward again and it would not let me rewind it back to where it was when I accidentally changed the channel.  Can anyone give me tips on how to fix this issue or can it not be fixed.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo live tv pause issue

When you pause something it's held in a buffer, when you change channels the buffer is purged, nothing can be done to change this 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

mbwakelam
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

always to record than pause. As dannyleu remarked its purged.  Also most commercial channels have a + 1 hour option

japitts
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to add to the other replies so far and repeat the recommendation to hit "record" in situations like this - it's also worth mentioning that you can start recording a programme partway through, and the TiVo will include the buffer in the recording, to complete it.

So say a programme runs 9-10pm, you've got it in your rewind buffer from the start but at 9.30pm you hit record, the recording will run from 9pm. If you turned over to the channel at 9.05pm, the recording will start from then.

0 Kudos
StephenAllan
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How does pressing record mean I can rewind it back to the part when I accidentally changed channel?

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pressing record during a programme means you will have a recording of that programme starting either from a) when you switched to that channel, or b) The start of the program - whichever is earlier.

If you do this, it means you can then change channel (assuming you have a spare tuner) and the recording will carry on. If you have merely paused a programme and then change channel, then the "recording" is lost.

0 Kudos