cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo fault

Gunfighter
On our wavelength

No sound from my TV when on Tivo but there is when on the aerial.

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Gunfighter 

First thing to check is that you haven't pressed the mute button on the TIVO remote (also that it isn't stuck)

Have you tried unseating and then reinserting the HDMI cable?

Also try rebooting the TIVO.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I tried everything. Completely stripped my set up and reassembled it. Nothing worked. I left it on aerial for about half an hour and then switched back to TiVo, and the sound was back on. Perhaps the engineers have done something in the background. Thanks for your suggestion thouugh.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gunfighter wrote:

I tried everything. Completely stripped my set up and reassembled it. Nothing worked. I left it on aerial for about half an hour and then switched back to TiVo, and the sound was back on. Perhaps the engineers have done something in the background. Thanks for your suggestion thouugh.

Hi again @Gunfighter 

Thanks fro updating the thread. Pleased to see the sounds working now.

My V6 lost it's sound about 2 years ago.I tried different HDMI cables and ports, and had no luck.  I then decided to spring clean as it was like spaghetti junction. I turned everything off and unplugged all cables (hdmi, ethernet, coaxial, mains etc) from all devices. Set them all up again about 30 minutes later and my sound came back. Never had any other problems since then.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali