cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box

JD71
Joining in

Picture keeps flickering on TV. Normally I just reset the box and it solves the problem for several weeks but it's happening more and more often now. Driving me nuts. Son who is quite techy has checked all cables and they are all correct and secure. Do I need a new TIVO box?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Depending what you mean by flickering (picture/video may help), have you tried a new HDMI lead and/or different HDMI port on your TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Depending what you mean by flickering (picture/video may help), have you tried a new HDMI lead and/or different HDMI port on your TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes we have used different port and also replaced with new cables but still happening. I know it's not my TV as I've checked this also

Hey JD71, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you are having some picture issues. 

Thank you for confirming you have done some checks and changed the cables, I would like to run some tests with you.

I am going to send you a PM, please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?