Menu
Duckman
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box stuck on updating screen

Hi,

I have a couple of problems at the moment (three if you include my extraordinarily high Virgin Media bills) - the first is that I have a lot of pixellated (and sometimes missing) channels on both my Tivo boxes and the second issue is that one of my Tivo boxes has entered a never-ending update state.

The missing channels are particularly annoying as BBC News HD has been unavailable and also BT Sport HD3 so I'm missing a lot of Champion's League football as well. I understand a lot of people are having the pixellation problem at the moment, it shows as an ongoing issue in my area as well so I might just have to be patient on this one.

The Tivo box with the update bug (Serial No: xxxxxxxxxxxx1135) has been like it for at least 24 hours now, it has a black screen with white writing saying it's on step 1 of 3 and don't turn off the box. There's a blue light on the front of the Tivo box and that's about all it does right now. I tried the online test but the problem persists.

Please help!

Colin.

0 Kudos
Phowl
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box stuck on updating screen

Mine has been exactly the same all day! It's not responding to anything, just saying it will restart automation hasn't got passed stage 1! Blue light in the right corner and an occasional flashing red one. Reluctant to call as we've had numerous calls over faulty boxes in the last month and it was beyond stressful trying to get help, this is the replacement!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Duckman, welcome to our community forums.

With the pixellating channels have you checked to ensure that all of your cables are snuggly inserted at both ends? Have you tried restarting the TiVo that has been stuck updating? If so has this made any difference for you?

Thanks,
Tom_S

0 Kudos
Fluffy45
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mine has been like this for 2 days now & im getting frustrated as I’m paying for something I can not use. Need this resolving 

0 Kudos
Phowl
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We ended up with an engineer out due to a local fault and I told him about our box he had a look and the wires were loose coming out of the connection box on the wall and thats what was causing all the problems. He tightened it all up and replaced the wire and fittings just in case there was a fault there too and it's all ok now!

0 Kudos
JackTheLad_01
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I also have two TV boxes, a new one (Mar 2019) and an older Tivo box in the lounge that I don't use that often and this is the one that seems to at fault.

The Tivo box with the update bug has been like it for at least 24 hours now, it has a black screen with white writing saying it's on step 1 of 3 and don't turn off the box. There's a blue light on the front of the Tivo box and that's about all it does right now.

I've checked all the connections at the back and done the classic "Turn it Off and back On again" all to no avail

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi JackTheLad_01,

Thank you for reaching out to us on our community.

Sorry to hear that your Tivo box isn't working.

I would like to help, I am going to invite you into a private chat so I can do some diagnostic checks and get you a technician if required.

I will send you an invitation shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

King regards

Paul.

0 Kudos