cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box rebooting

namyah
Joining in

Hi my tivo box keeps rebooting every 30 mins. It's been doing this for nearly 2 weeks now. I've tried restarting but it makes no difference - thanks

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @namyah 

Sorry to see you are having problems with your Tivo,

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc.

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem. which should be a replacement box.

If you also have VM broadband  it might be an idea to see if you can get the box swapped out for the newer V6 which is faster, has more apps and 6 tuners compared to the older Tivo.  

Or you can wait for a member of the Forum Team to pick this up, but it may take a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @namyah

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the TV box issue. I can see you've spoke to the team and got the box replaced.

Has this sorted things? Let me know if you need further assistance.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

Thanks for the email. I've installed the new box, but I'm getting an error code M063. It said my account wasn't setup correctly and to connect to UNKNOWN NOW in the installation process. I can watch the TV, but on demand, apps & catch up are all disabled. Not sure what to try now.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That could be a the box not being properly activated, or perhaps a failed internal modem meaning it has no internet connection.

On the front-left of your TiVo, do you have any flashing green lights?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi the Internet is working fine

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@namyah wrote:

Hi the Internet is working fine

Do you mean your home internet is working fine? The TiVo has its own connection, separate from your home broadband.

The heartbeat light on the front-left is the status for that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi namyah, 

Thanks for coming back to us here and updating things. 

We're sorry to hear that things still aren't working. As mentioned above, the TiVo has it's own connection and doesn't rely on your home network so therefore are unrelated. 

Checking things today, I can see you have an engineer visit booked for someone to come and take a look at things. 

Please let us know how the visit goes and if you need anything else, you know where we are. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs