cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box pixilating

LastBandit03
Joining in

Still searching for answer to the picture pixalation on my tivo box. I have two. The one upstairs has worked for years without a problem. The one downstairs however has had this problem for over 18 months now with me half heartedly attempting a resolve. I changed cables galore and rebooted etc. Each time I think I've sorted it the problem soon comes back. So I swapped the boxes around just recently to see what would happen. Now the problem has moved upstairs with downstairs now becoming perfect. Faulty box you would presume. However after contacting 150 a new box (looks reconditioned to me) was sent out and installed. I still have the problem on the new box upstairs. I'm thinking that the new box was a return with the same problem as I originally had. Any thoughts, ideas? 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My standard reply here, applies as well as anytime - and if your problem is evidently not clear cut, it could easily be a box-fault or a cabling problem. If you've got one of the older TiVo's, then replacements are highly unlikely to be brand new but will have gone through the refurb loop.

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either another engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

I appreciate it's not much comfort, but you clearly have a fault and you're paying for a service that includes servicing and repairs - so keep on reporting it until VM fix it - make it their problem, because it should be!!

The only thing to hold at the back of your mind would be, that if you have VM broadband (which is a requirement) then see if you can negotiate swaps to the newer V6 box. It runs the same software as your TiVo but on much newer hardware that's a vast improvement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LastBandit03,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've had with your Tv service. 

I have attempted to locate your account on our side so I can look into this but sadly have been unsuccessful.

What I will do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

LastBandit03
Joining in

Problem solved by an engineer visit. A change of the box to a different manufacturer was the solution. 

Glad to hear this has been resolved for you @LastBandit03.

You know where we are if you need anything further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules