Menu
tom-t
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box not working

Have just spent over 30 minutes on the helpline as my Tivo box keeps going through the initial boot process.

Operator said they have resent signal and will have to wait 3 hours to see if will fix the issue, this despite me explaining it is the disk drive on the TV that is faulty and the box needs replacing ( I work in IT and yes and have switched it off and back on again Smiley Wink )

Can someone explain why customer services do not listen to there customers and just seem to fob us off. I have now got to phone again in 3 hours (will be tomorrow now) to join the queue and be told I need a new box when this has already been advised by myself.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box not working

Hi I feel your pain, the quickest thing to do is phone again and hope you get someone who knows what they are doing and will organise an engineer, thier system will detect you have already rung & more positive response such follow, as it will take a week for a virgin person to respond on here, I wish you luck.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi tom-t, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

I am sorry to hear you've been having problems with your TiVo. 

Hopefully you've managed to get this resolved since your post, if not please pop back on here and we will do our best to assist you. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
tom-t
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Now resolved thanks.

Engineer has visited and agreed with my prognosis of the box and replaced it.

My only gripe is why cannot the people in the call centre understand some of us do know what we are talking about and actually listen to us. It couls save a lot of frustration for us the customer and time for your engineers having to come out to visit.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear this has been resolved.

Again apologies for the experience, if you do have any problems in the future feel free to get back in touch on here. 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos