cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box making whirring noise

Patrick9
Tuning in

Hi Folks,

After almost an hour searching I finally found that it was my Tivo box making a whirring noise, almost like tumble dryer.

In addition, some recordings lately have started glitching (skipping a few seconds or freezing momentarily).

Does this mean the box is on its way out?

I've turned it fully off for now just in case it's overheating inside.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

From what you have said this is the hard drive that is failing and you will need a replacement box, be aware that you will not be able to transfer your recordings when you get the replacement.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

From what you have said this is the hard drive that is failing and you will need a replacement box, be aware that you will not be able to transfer your recordings when you get the replacement.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Mike, I'll contact VM

Hi Patrick9

Thanks for posting. Apologies for the TV box issue.

I can see from a system check you've spoke to the team since posting and had this sorted.

If there is anything further we can assist with please let us know.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill