cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box keeps restarting

Jenny19
Joining in

How do we go about getting replacement box as obviously something seriously wrong.

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jenny19 

It sounds like you'll need a replacement box. If so, make a note of your series links, as they can't be transferred to a new box. You will also lose all your recordings if you need a new box.

One thing you can try is  a hard reset -  BUT Please note doing this will erase all the TIVO data - such as all you recordings and links (the same as getting a new box)

Turn the Tivo off with the switch on the back of the box and disconnect it from the mains for 5 minutes, then plug it in again.

Now hold the + and standby buttons on the front of the V6 together simultaneously and keeping the buttons pressed in turn the V6 on again with the rocker switch on the back,  and wait till you see the welcome screen appear on the TV - then release the buttons. 

If that fails you should call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you ina  couple of days.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is a TiVo or a V6 you have? @newapollo has advised for a V6, but you've referenced a TiVo. Same software, but different box - if you're not sure, check here 

Opinions vary here, but personally - I'd follow the reset options under Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart, which will eliminate most software issues. If that fails to clear a restarting box, then there's very likely a hardware fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks