cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box keeps flashing (online)

FateTrip
Dialled in

Well,

After the issue with my internet last week... i'm now having issues with my Tivo box where the online light on the box keeps flashing. I cannot for life of me watch on demand because it's ALWAYS off... and WHEN it is working... it'll go off when watching something.

It'll do this several times a day, sometimes just for a few seconds, other times for HOURS. I posted about this before but never got a response, however now it's getting so much worse where it's constantly not working.

When I check the network on the box via settings it says "Unrecoverable error" and when I try to manually connect to the virgin media services it says "DNS Resolution error"

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the online light is flashing, your TiVo's internal modem has failed and your box probably needs replacing. At the very least it's a tech visit.

You can either call in (150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) or wait on here for staff to reply- current delay is a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi FateTrip,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome back to the Community Forum!

I've been able to locate your account, and I can see some issues with both your TV and Broadband services. I'm going to book an engineer appointment so that we can get this issue resolved. I'll just need to confirm a few details via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

I've not having issues with broadband, and I dont want an engineer when I've been saying the tivo box needs replacing for the past 2 years.

The only issue with the box is its ancient. It's quite clearly the box, and  it the tv service as I'm not having any issues with the 2 V6 boxes I have.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@FateTrip wrote:

I've not having issues with broadband, and I dont want an engineer when I've been saying the tivo box needs replacing for the past 2 years.

The only issue with the box is its ancient. It's quite clearly the box, and  it the tv service as I'm not having any issues with the 2 V6 boxes I have.

Laurie has downloaded the performance stats from your equipment & it has flagged a problem. You may not be able to see it, but there is obviously reason for concern. If the box needs replacing the tech will do this as part of the visit.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Well, I had an engineer scheduled to come out last week when I DID have an issue with my internet, where I was without it for over a week. But Virgin themselves cancelled the visit because they fixed the issue and then PROMISED me the issue would no longer affect me in the near future as they identified the cause....

So it was a false promise, and cancelled a visit which I already had. At this point, don't even bother. I'm just going to cancel.

It's just issue, after issue, after issue. Fed up with it.

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi FateTrip,

I do apologise for the previous experience that you've had with your engineer appointment - this clearly isn't the kind of service that we want to provide. However, I would like to help you to get this issue resolved now.

Just to give you a bit more detail, I can see that there have been some prolonged issues with your downstream signal levels.This increases the risk of a partial service or intermittent connection. I can organise an engineer to come and look at this, and they will be able to replace your TiVo box in the process (if appropriate).

Please let me know if you would like my help with this, I would like to see this issue resolved.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@FateTrip wrote:

Well, I had an engineer scheduled to come out last week when I DID have an issue with my internet, where I was without it for over a week. But Virgin themselves cancelled the visit because they fixed the issue and then PROMISED me the issue would no longer affect me in the near future as they identified the cause....

So it was a false promise, and cancelled a visit which I already had. At this point, don't even bother. I'm just going to cancel.

It's just issue, after issue, after issue. Fed up with it.

It’s not impossible for you to have multiple issues. The cancelled visit will have been because a network issue that “could” be causing your problem was resolved. If the issue still exists you have to rebook. That’s the way it has always worked with VM call outs, & all of VMs predecessors as well.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993