cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box has just deleted our recordings

MickH123
Tuning in

Our Tivo box has just deleted our recordings, we had only used about 70% of the space available, and had not been deleting anything ourselves.  Now we have 95% free and only a handful of recordings left.

Is there a way to recover our recordings, apart from 'recently deleted' as they are not in there.

I can see this has been an issue/bug/problem with Virgin products/services for many years, is there anything being done to stop this?

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your recordings aren't in the deleted folder, and a reboot hasn't got them back, then I'm afraid they're gone. It's potentially an early warning sign that your TiVo's hard drive isn't very well.

I'm not sure what makes you think this has been a problem with VM "for many years" as you put it, there's been a few cases of the new 360-software doing this, but that's of no relevance to TiVo/V6 users and I don't know why you think it's a known problem when it's not,

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hmm, I'll see if there's any chance to get it replaced, wish me luck.

As for it not being an issue - this is the third time it has happened to us en masse, and we've noticed recordings do go missing, so I cannot agree, it very much is a problem. 

As for how long this has been going on - try searching in this forum, or googling the problem - and you'll find many people having this problem.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It sounds like you may potentially have a faulty box, as I previously mentioned TiVo is not known for this behaviour.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MixkH123,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your tivo, I have managed to locate your account but can see your box is unreachable. If you could switch this on we can run some diagnostics for you.

Zoie

Hi,

The box is on now and I'll leave it on until you have been able to run your tests.

Thanks

Mick

Hi MickH123,

The box is still showing unreachable, sounds like there is an issue, so I can have have a look into this for you I will invite you into a private chat, I will send a link shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MickH123,

Glad I was able to help in our private chat, please let us know how you get on once the technician has been, may be useful to add his findings here as it may help others?

Regards

Paul.

I will post an update on how it goes...

Thanks...