cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box freezing

CM72
Joining in

Hi there.

I have an intermittent problem with my tivo box. The picture either freezes or the screen goes completely blank. This can happen when either watching live tv or a recording. Also, sometimes it won't change channel, bring up the home screen or go to standby.

It will reboot if switched off but can happen 2 or 3 times in an evening until we get fed up and abandon it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your TiVo is freezing repeatedly, and you're having to reboot it to regain control, I'd say the box has a fault.

The best thing in this case would be to call VM and report your fault. 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and choose the "I have a fault with my TV service" options.

As an aside, if you've had your package a while, and have VM broadband, it may be worth considering a swap to a V6 box that would be a vast improvement on yours, but use the same software. A like-for-like fault replacement shouldn't be an issue, even if you don't do this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your TiVo is freezing repeatedly, and you're having to reboot it to regain control, I'd say the box has a fault.

The best thing in this case would be to call VM and report your fault. 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and choose the "I have a fault with my TV service" options.

As an aside, if you've had your package a while, and have VM broadband, it may be worth considering a swap to a V6 box that would be a vast improvement on yours, but use the same software. A like-for-like fault replacement shouldn't be an issue, even if you don't do this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @CM72

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. Sorry to hear you're having some issues but more than happy to help. 

From looking at your account I can see that you have been in touch with our team to get this sorted and a new box is on the way to you. 

Can I confirm if you still need our assistance today? 

Thanks

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Sasha.

I haven't actually spoken to anyone so wasn't aware that they were sending out a new box. Fab news.

Thanks for getting in touch, much appreciated.

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me, 

I have runs some further checks and a new box hasn't been sent out but I have decided to book you an engineer. I will PM you over the details. 

If you wish to change this you can via your online account at your order section. 

If you do have any more issues, feel free to get in touch and I'm more than happy to assist you. 

Hope this is all okay 🙂

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Ok. I'll await your PM regarding an engineers appointment.

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi I have sent you a PM regarding the engineer appointment, if you look at the top right hand corner of your screen, you should see a purple envelope, if you open that it will take you to PM's  🙂 

Any issues please do let me know

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team