cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box. Netflix and iplayer freezing

Alan29
On our wavelength

Tivo box (not v6) keeps losing the internet connection. The box is downstairs by the TV and the router is upstairs where our study is. Each has its own wall socket. This happens after about 20 minutes even after rebooting both the router and Tivo and getting a connection through settings. I can use internet on a tablet downstairs, so there is a wifi signal.

I am paying for services I cant use.

27 REPLIES 27

Hi Alan29, 

Thanks again for coming back and sticking with us on this one. 

The Tivo 6 that refer to doesn't exist. It's either a TiVo box or a V6 box which I why I asked if you were referring to a V6 box 🙂

If a V6 box should have been included with the package when you took it, the team should be able to arrange this for you. Give them a call on the number I have posted above and let me know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TiVo box does support iPlayer & Netflix apps - anyone who suggests otherwise isn't advising correctly.

What is true, is that the V6 box is a lot more capable and infiitely more usable with all of the streaming apps.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Alan29
On our wavelength

Thanks.

That leaves me stuck. I am certain of what the engineer told me because I got him to repeat it. And I still have the issue that Netflix and iPlayer are unusable. And I am now paying for a TV package that includes 200 rubbish channels I never watch with the bonus of +1 versions of them so I get the chance of avoiding them twice!

Hacked off doesnt even begin to describe how I feel.

Alan29
On our wavelength

Yes, I meant the V6 box.

Im away at the moment. Will call them when I get back. Thanks for the help.

Hi Alan29, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

I understand the frustration and there may well be something we can do as you've mentioned the V6 box was included in the package you took originally but I am needing to check in with my colleague. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Alan29, 

Thanks for speaking with me via private message. 

I am glad things are now sorted for you. Please let me know how the delivery goes and if you need any help with your new V6 box. 

We're here if you have any further issues too. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Alan29
On our wavelength

All sorted now.

Many thanks for getting this sorted for us.

Thanks for the update @Alan29.

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team