cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box Error's

mags808
On our wavelength

Hi,

Since about 4 weeks ago, the Tivo box is coming up with error codes on catchup & demand. it is fine on normal tv but I can't watch anything on catchup & demand without it coming up with Error C130 and another one I cant remember. it's so annoying because it will be Okay a few minutes later then will do the same again. I like to watch catchup before work but keep getting errors 😞  It also has become very slow. (Could this be the reason).

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've mentioned C130 as one error, it would certainly help if we knew the other codes.

That said, I'll have a stab at the issue based on the info thus far. The TiVo has an inbuilt internet connection which is used for OnDemand, streaming & various updates. That connection can often fail without your realising - no 'net connection means nothing "online".

On the front-left of your box, there's 3 green LEDs. The middle one has a painted heart symbol next to it - this is your "online" light. Flashing means the modem is offline, solidly on is good. What's yours showing?

All aside from the fact, that the TiVo lets you record programmes that you'll want to watch. I'd always suggest doing that, the programme will then be on your TiVo's hard drive to watch whenever you like. The slowness in general operation could be caused by the online bit dropping, or other factors. The TiVo isn't the quickest box these days (the V6 is much more capable), but it's perfectly usable for basic stuff.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've mentioned C130 as one error, it would certainly help if we knew the other codes.

That said, I'll have a stab at the issue based on the info thus far. The TiVo has an inbuilt internet connection which is used for OnDemand, streaming & various updates. That connection can often fail without your realising - no 'net connection means nothing "online".

On the front-left of your box, there's 3 green LEDs. The middle one has a painted heart symbol next to it - this is your "online" light. Flashing means the modem is offline, solidly on is good. What's yours showing?

All aside from the fact, that the TiVo lets you record programmes that you'll want to watch. I'd always suggest doing that, the programme will then be on your TiVo's hard drive to watch whenever you like. The slowness in general operation could be caused by the online bit dropping, or other factors. The TiVo isn't the quickest box these days (the V6 is much more capable), but it's perfectly usable for basic stuff.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

mags808
On our wavelength
Thanks, I will check later or in the morning.

mags808
On our wavelength

I tried again today and the have some other codes..C130, N27, 602 that were showing in the error boxes. The internet cable (ethernet) from Tivo was swapped with the tv internet cable to make sure it wasn't the cable, but still have the same problem. The Tv works fine with streaming iPlayer, YouTube & Amazon movies with either cable connected. Have restarted the Tivo but again, still the same. Catchup & on demand gets greyed out.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TiVo doesn't use your home internet, the Ethernet cable is to allow in-home streaming and doesn't supply your TiVo with its internet connection. So unfortunately, you've not proven anything by changing this cable.

On the front-left of your TiVo are 3 green-LEDs. The middle one has a painted heart symbol next to it - this is the status light for the TiVo's inbuilt 'net connection. Flashing is bad, solidly on is good.

What is yours showing?

mags808
On our wavelength

It flashes green when the error comes up then goes back to green after restarting the box. This can happen 3 times in a 60 min program.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Flashing green means the inbuilt net connection has failed, which is a (most likely terminal) box fault.

You can either call the fault in (usual number-150 from VM phones or 0345 4541111 otherwise) or wait on here (could be a few days) for staff to respond.

If you call in, I strongly recommend being specific that "your online heartbeat light is flashing".

There is no remote fix for this.

mags808
On our wavelength

Okay, thanks for the help japitts.

If I get time I will try to call, (It's busy at work ) however I would like to leave this open on here if I don't manage to contact someone.

Thanks again

Hi @mags808

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear you have been having some issues with your TiVo box. 

Thanks @japitts for helping diagnose the problem.

@mags808, I will need to get an engineer out to get this looked at and replaced if required. 

Will pop you a PM now to take some more details. Speak soon.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @mags808,

Thanks for confirming your details via PM @mags808

I have booked the first available technician appointment for you. You can find confirmation of this via your online account. If this is not suitable, feel free to re-schedule.

Let us know how the visit goes. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs