Menu
ashdh
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo black screen

Hi,
As with most people my tivo has never been the same since the update that slowed them down with extra graphics and features. Still sluggish but now a little better in places.

More recently its black screening me alot. To the point the tv turns off.
I can bring up menus and recordings play (which seems to fix the problem for live tv) press red buttons display for relevant channels and the info guide aswell but once these disappear its black still and then the tv turns off as there is no activity.

Have already tried other cables and checked connections. But never had a problem with tivo before the update.

Anyone know of fixes for this please.

Thanks in advance

Ashley
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo black screen

Hi ashdh,

Thanks for coming by and welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

I am sorry for the disruption you're experiencing with the TV service.  I have carried out some checks remotely and all is looking fine from here at the moment.  There are no signal issues that I can detect.

If you are still experiencing the issue, let me know and I can help further.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ashdh
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Solved the problem by getting a v6 and no black screens on this and its quick. Just my broadband being a pain now.
0 Kudos
karl1986
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

We have recently had Virgin installed. When The TV box is turned on the screen is black. The menu screen can be accessed okay but the picture remains black. 

To correct the issue I have to turn the box off at the mains each time and wait for it to reboot. 

Also at times when the box is working and we are watching a programme the screen flickers black and says signal lost.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karl1986

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm really sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service recently.

I've been able to run some tests on the set top box and we're not detecting any errors. Are you experiencing this issue each day or just some of the time? Are you leaving the box on a certain channel at the end of each day and putting the box into standby? 

Sorry for all the questions, we want to help to get to the bottom of this ASAP. 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos