Menu
PeterO66
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo and Sarabec loop system

I use an inductive loop for my hearing aids This is connected to the tivo box. I would if it is possible like to connect it to my LVG tv. If I connect the loop  directly to the tv the  sound is muted, I can get audio sound if I turn the tivo off. Is it possible to bypass the tivo somehow?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo and Sarabec loop system

Wrong end of the telescope! Read this about Samsung TVs. I have an LG TV and I don't know if it has a similar sound option as on the Samsungs. I bet it does. My new TV has so many options that this one might be hard to find but I bet it is there.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Tech-Chatter/Hard-of-Hearing-headphones/m-p/3897995#M38951

I'll do some more looking for you.

Edit. I did. This might help, but I'm sure there is a way to replicate what Samsung TV's can do:

https://www.lg.com/uk/support/solutions/tv/tv-audio-settings

You can't mute the TiVO sound output (AFAIK)

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
PeterO66
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for reply, I had a small lg tv originally and was able to use it with no problem > Then last year purchased a smart LG tb The problem was worse than now speech  and sound out of sync apparently smart TVs have this effect. Contacted LG although they were helpful they said the problem could not be solved on this particular model So I moved back to a standard tv I need somehow to connect to the TV rather than Tivo.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Others will have to help. But LG smart tvs are incredible beasts - we love ours - and I think there is a solution in its sound options to connect direct to it. We'll see what others may say. You might also try a non-VM forum where TV issues can be discussed.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos