cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo V6 Replacement

PO1981
Joining in

Good Afternoon,

As part of a contract renegotiation last week I mentioned that my 1st generation Tivo box in the bedroom was becoming increasingly noisy, slow to respond and occasionally can get a bit on the warm side.  The CS Advisor agreed and after the new contract was sorted I was then transferred over to faults, where I gave details of the serial number, description of fault and most importantly, the need for any replacement to be Tivo to ensure compatibility with the other two v6 boxes.

This was last week and still no sign of a replacement Tivo box yet.  Is it possible to check whether the replacement was indeed actioned...?

Cheers

Paul

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Faults are usually followed up by a tech visit who will replace any kit they deem faulty.

I suspect reporting the fault again, will be the best way to go - if no tech appointments are showing in your online account.

Although, in fairness, slow-running probably isn't a fault with the TiVo - it is how the boxes are these days!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PO1981,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your TiVo box has stopped working and that you haven't received a replacement, so I can help I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PO1981,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm your information. 
I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to your Online Account 
once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. 
Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:
The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed. 
Let us know how the appointment goes.
Regards
Paul.

An update.  New v6 box installed by the friendly VM Engineer tonight in no time at all.  Everything up and running and most importantly quietly...

Many Thanks

Paul

That's so great to hear @PO1981 and thank you so much for letting us know. 

Should you need any help in the future please do not hesitate to pop back to the forums and we will do all we can to help. 

Thanks again