Menu
spud12968
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Switch from scart to hdmi output

Hi. Im after some help. My Mother has a Tivo box connected to her tv via scart lead. Today her new LG tv came, i unpacked and swithced her tivo off, swapped tvs and connected an hdmi lead from tivo to new tv. I can see menus but get no sound or tv. I seem to think that a while ago I had to manually reset the output by pressing buttons on the front. Plugged the old tv in through scart and all is ok so suspect the box needs switching from scart to hdmi but cant find anything on the menus to do this

Can anyone help please
Thanks Ian

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Switch from scart to hdmi output

Using your TV remote … look for 'Source' (or similar in 'Settings' ) ..It will show as many HDMI connections as you have slots on back of TV.. With Tivo box ON - (and HDMI connected at each end TV/TIVO) … select each selection option of HDMI offered in 'TV Source List' in turn until you see 'Connecting to Input' (or similar) … This will then automatically setup … (this will equate to the HDMI slot (eg. 1/2/3 etc) the HDMI is attached to) … ZvnK ...
0 Kudos
spud12968
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I'm sure that the tv has recognised the tivo box, as you press home i can see the menu and all of the recordings that are stored on the box. If i select play i can see the counter counting as if its playing but showing a blank screen

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That means the tv isn't sending a handshake signal, copyright protection then kicks in to prevent programs being recorded

Firstly try rebooting the tivo just in case it's an issue of never having a HDMI port used before, try a different port on the TV  and try just unplugging it and plugging back in again

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
spud12968
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tried a reboot of the box and moved from hdmi 1,2&3 all the same

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi you must select the right input setting on the TV as surrgest by zovonek. Regards Micky
0 Kudos