Menu
karman
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Error Code W02

I run an HMO and Virgin provide Broadband and TV, Recently the Tivo box has stopped receiving BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Ch4 and most of the other terrestrial channels, but other channels do come through. When the box is on one of the affected channels it comes up with the W02 message which I believe is a bad connection. I've been through all the connectors up to the TV and they are all good, but outside the house where the cable appears from underground, the silicon has failed and it seems loose as well as waterlogged and I think the fault may be there.

Is this junction the responsibility of Virgin? I've sent three messages through the Help Chat box, but had no response.     

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Error Code W02

Everything about your Virgin install is the "responsibility" of Virgin Media, down to and including your TiVo or V6.

The best way to report service faults is to call - 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service".

Ignore all the other inducements for "going online", "get a link to do it yourself", "get a text message" and don't press anything - wait in line for a faults agent to answer, and hopefully arrange the engineer visit that it sounds like you need.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

karman
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I was really hoping for a better way to get through to Virgin rather than hanging on the telephone for an unspecified time, but I'll bite the bullet and call tomorrow. Thanks 👍

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi karman,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with a few of the channels. I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, just need to run through a few checks firstly.

The box is currently showing offline, if you can please turn this on, then let us know so we can continue going through diagnostics.

Thanks,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
karman
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but I've pulled it out and reverted to Freeview now. Much less hassle!

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry for any trouble you've had with it karman,

If you do change your mind we'd be happy to run through further diagnostics.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
karman
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alex. In a domestic situation I could see the benefit of the device/service, but in a short term let, it doesn't really work for me.

0 Kudos