Menu
Tomcat-4
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box

My TiVo box has been freezing and restarting itself, resulting in programmes that are being recorded being interrupted. It  happens once every now and then but has started happening constantly now and is annoying when you go to watch something and it is only partially recorded! I can also be watching a recorded programme and it will freeze and then restart itself. There is no set time when it happens and i have run a test which comes back as no fault.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box

Hello Tomcat-4

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear about your TiVo box 

Have you been able to get this looked at since you post 

If not, then please get back to us on here 

Regards

Gareth_L Forums Team 

0 Kudos
CardiffLady
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have had this problem daily (several times per day). Any recordings - e.g. 30 mins also takes about 45 mins as they glitch - better still a 30 min recording on fast forward x 3 means I see a programme of 30 mins in only 40 mins.  Also when I delete it because I'm fed up - it continues to play with no glitches but is in fact deleted.

Changing channels means the Tivo box must restart.  I've switched the Tivo box off for hours and then switch it on.

I can't even phone Virgin on my virgin landline as that doesn't work either.

I've written an email asking to end my contract, after all I can't make calls and I can't watch tv.

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

were you using VM Broadband when you posted this?

if not, it really sounds like you have no path to & from VM (TV, BB and Telephone all travel down the same cable, pretty much, from your local cabinet to your front door).

if you're unable to use 150 from your landline I believe 0345 454 1111 is now included in mobile bundles so shouldn't cost to call from a mobile or another landline.

0 Kudos
CardiffLady
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Broadband still seems to work.

Fed up with changing channel and waiting 15/20 mins - it freezes and then after 5 mins movement on screen, then 10 minutes of constantly re-starting and then finally hey presto the channel appears.

Also previous recordings - I had watched on recording but saved to watch again - checked and unable to watch them - too many glitches. One hour is almost 3 hours as it stops, starts, goes back a minute and freezes then moves forward 1 minute.  Even on fast forward x 3 - after 30 mins it moves 1 minute.

Today I've rebooted the Tivo - 5 times entirely my own fault as I wanted to change channels.

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Call it in when you get a chance, hopefully it's just a signal level issue that can be sorted by an engineer visit (though that may not explain your landline issue) otherwise I fear your box my not be long for this world.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi CardiffLady,

Really sorry to hear about the issues you've had. This isn't the level of  service we'd want anyone to receive. 

How are things looking at the moment? 

Thanks

Ben_N

0 Kudos
CardiffLady
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

After 3 weeks, finally replied to their own email which was sent to me originally saying would reply within 7 days, 3 weeks later.  Yes my Tivo box is faulty, you will only receive credit from 10 December to 30 December - today is 24 December with two bank holidays (Christmas Day and Boxing Day), within 3 to 5 working days will receive a new box - Monday is also a bank holiday - so credit until 30 December but unlikely to receive replacement box until 2nd/3rd or 4th January and no television throughout the festive season.

0 Kudos