Menu
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box

Can someone answer me why my Tivo takes so long to function when trying to play a recorded programme or delete a watched recording ? It's beyond a joke and very frustrating please help me

Colin
lynnspiller7
Tuning in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box

Ours too
It takes sooo long to through each stage of a menu it's stupidly slow
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colinalbert,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having TiVo® trouble.

There's a little trick you can try to help speed up the box. It works by clearing background (cache) data from the TiVo® freeing up memory.

To do this, just go to the Home screen and on the remote control press Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play. The screen will go blank for a few seconds while the cache is cleared. Once the screen comes back on, you should notice the box speed up.

Hope this helps! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info have tried that previously it helps for a while but it's not long lasting unfortunately, it just gets very frustrating.
Colin
0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

yes deleting the cache doesnt really work (only very short term solution) and of course now it doesnt know anything about your preferences.

2 seconds to change channel is really too slow...the machines are not up to the job and need replacing

0 Kudos
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yes i was hoping for an offer on the V6 favourable to existing Tivo customers struggling with the function of it and offering help to resolve the issues but it appears i would have to pay for an upgrade and superior operating box.
Colin
0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

agreed that the boxes should be upgraded, the old Tivos don't work because of their changes to the system software.

Anyway it looks like I should simply change to sky, it is a real pain, I have to wait until my contract ends, but the people at Virgin told me to leave and they would respect my decision....so be it

0 Kudos
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yes they think they won't lose customers but with Sky Q I'm not sure as I've seen that and it's very slick compared to the Tivo makes it look third world.
Colin
0 Kudos
vircom
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I would be amazed if you were offered a free V6 via this forum. They would be overwhelmed with me too demands.

That is not to say that I don't think VM should replace the old Tivo with something that works properly. The old Tivo is a joke, a very bad joke.
0 Kudos
vwt5
Up to speed
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

i had 3 of those bad jokes within the first 10 months of being with vm,none of them worked anygood so i rang 150,

pay up for a new v6 or basically live with it,so i;ll cancel i said,fine they said just remember to give 31 days notice,nice

so back to sky it is,only 2 months to go.

0 Kudos