cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo Box will not connect to my other Qty2 V6 boxes all connected via the same ethernet system

Celticfhan
Joining in

I have Qty 2 V6 boxes and an old Samsung Tivo box ( just received from Virgin to replace a faulty Cisco Tivo box). Despite the three Boxes being on the same network and all connected via ethernet cables from the same Virgin router, the Tivo box will not connect to the two V6 boxes so you view the Box content on either of the V6 boxes or vice versa. The V6 boxes are fine and are interconnected okay.

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The "obvious" thing to me, is to make sure each box is rebooted in turn, however...

Is the lack of comms between the TiVo & your V6, both-ways? So the V6 can't view TiVo, and the TiVo can't view V6?

The TiVo connects differently to the V6 and it's been a while, but I recollect the Network Connections screen (Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network) should list the Ethernet (for multiroom) & in-built modem (for OnDemand & streaming) separately.. what do you see?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks