Menu
biffyg
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box Swap

Just spent about 20 minutes on the phone to 150. I just wanted to ask a simple question of whether I could swap my last remaining tivo box to a V6 as I am taking delivery of a new storage/display unit and the v6 would fit much better. I have 3 V6, out of a total of 4 boxes so thought it would make sense that VM would change it over without too much hassle.

After spending the first period on hold, the person came back and told me my package would go up £5 per  month, I thought this was strange as there seemed to be a box swap ongoing, so i asked her to see if she could try and do something, after another 10 minutes she came back and told me it would be £129 for the box plus a £5 increase. So this was disappointing as I'm not really adding anything extra to my service just a new box. I had been into the local VM shop a couple of hours earlier and they basically said to call customer services but then it is a bit of a lottery who you get on the other end as to whether you get the box changed or not.

Has anyone had a similar experience trying to lose their last tivo box? In fact does anyone still have Tivo??

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box Swap

Company policy is only 3 v6 boxes can be on one account, after the 3 v6s you then get a tivo.

biffyg
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box Swap

thanks for that but they did offer me another one at my cost. Father in law has 4 no problem.
0 Kudos