cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo Box Faults

sueamslack
Joining in

My Tivo box keeps digitizing pictures randomly and also it randomly pops up with the recording channel box. Been doing it a few weeks now but getting worse. I have rebooted it loads of times, gone around in circles with system tests and getting fed up with it now.

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @sueamslack 

Have you tried a different HDMI cable? Also, silly as it sounds change the batteries in your remote, failing batteries can cause odd things to happen to the set top box.

If the above doesn't help then you should contact VM Faults. Call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sueamslack wrote:

My Tivo box keeps digitizing pictures randomly

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi sueamslack, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your TV service. I wasn't able to look further into this using your forum details alone on this occasion, in case the advice offered above hasn't helped and you're still having problems - I will contact you via PM, just look out for the purple envelope icon and we'll take it from there. 

Tom