Menu
Highlighted
Ginge247
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box Clicking

Hey there 

My TiVo Box is making a constant clicking noise and looks like a light show. It then stops clicking, the lights look "normal" but BOOM, it starts all over again. I've unplugged it a couple of times to see if it resets but no such luck. I'm paying for something I can't use. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box Clicking

Sounds like a hard disk problem. Call customer services and report the fault. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Ginge247

Thanks for your post

Sorry to hear about the TiVo Box 

Have you been able to speak with our Team yet?

Regards 

Gareth_L Forums Team 

0 Kudos
Ginge247
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I haven't had chance to speak to anyone yet. Think someone from your Facebook page gas said they can invite me to a web chat to remedy the problem! Is this even possible??

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Ginge247 wrote:

I haven't had chance to speak to anyone yet. Think someone from your Facebook page gas said they can invite me to a web chat to remedy the problem! Is this even possible??

Unlikely, they'll just send you the link to Web Chat and more than likely they'll be no advisors available. Best just to ring up or wait for Gareth_L to get back to you.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Ginge247

We do have a Facebook Team that can offer webchats for specific issues and escalations. 

What I will do is send you a Private Message so we can get this TiVo box fixed 

Regards 

Gareth_L Forums Team 

0 Kudos
echo_unit
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done. These boxes make intermittent loud clicking noises and that's all there is to it. I've spoken directly to Virgin Media and they claim to know nothing about this. Not every helpful. I've already had a replacement box and it makes more noise than the last. Apparently it's the hard drive. Hopefully at some stage the technology will improve and the boxes will run silent. Until then, we'll have to suffer a constant annoying clicking. Shame.

0 Kudos