cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo remote won’t pair to TV

Andy65
Tuning in

I have a new Bush TV that won’t pair with my TiVo remote to control tv sound. I’ve been through all recommended codes and cycled through from 0999 system. Best I can manage is remote can turn tv on/off but cannot get it to control volume. It’s a pretty low end TV but I’ve never had a set that wouldn’t pair with the remote. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Andy65 

Did you make sure  you reset the TIVO remote before setting it up with the Bush TV?

Aslo ensure you are using new Batteries.

Hold the TV and Clear buttons together until the light at the top of the TIVO/V6 remote flashes green twice.

Then press the thumbs down button 3 times. Then press OK twice.

The light at the top of the TIVO/V6 remote will flash green, after 10 seconds the TIVO/V6 remote will revert to infra red mode.

Then try the following method.

Hold the minus button on the front of the TIVO/V6 box down for 10 seconds

The white power light on the TIVO/V6 box will go off as you’re holding the button, once the power light comes back on the box is ready for pairing.

Now hold the Info button on the remote down for 7 seconds. The light on the remote should flash green twice.

Confirm the pairing by holding the plus button on the front of the set top box down until the TIVO/V6 remote starts beeping. The remote and set top box should now be paired.

The TIVO/V6 can also be paired with the remote by accessing the following options and following the on screen instructions;

1. Select  Home on the remote
  2. Select Help & Settings
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select Devices
  5. Select  Remote Control Pairing 

You can also order a replacement remote online and in the meantime use the TV Control app as a temporary remote.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave @newapollo

Thank you for your reply and I’m grateful for your suggestions. 
The issue I have is not with pairing remote to TiVo box but remote to the new tv (in order to control tv volume). 
I switched the remote to infrared settings and again tried to paint with tv. I can get the remote to turn tv on/off but still no ability to control tv volume. 
many other ideas I could try?

best regards 

andy 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Andy,

Don't just accept the first code that allows you to turn the TV on/off. 

There are often 3,4 or 5 codes that can do that.

Try a few more to see if you can get it fully working so it also controls the volume.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo

Hi Dave

thanks agin for your response. Yes, I’ve been through all the proposed codes as well as moving up from 0999. The virgin remote can turn tv on/off but still does not control sound. Anything else you think I can try?

best regards

andy 

Hi there @Andy65

Thank you so much for updating us and I'm so sorry these checks haven't proved to work! 

Also thank you so much to our community for their help and guidance on this so far! 

I have run checks on our side and if the repairing is not allowing the volume to be controlled then unfortunately your TV code isn't supported by our remote control.

Thank you.