cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo recordings pixelating

Stevenash19
Joining in

Hi

we have noticed recently that the new recordings on our TiVo box pixelate or go blurry making them unwatchable. Also currently watching program we had paused and that’s now doing it too.

any suggestions to fix would be great, don’t really want to change the box of possible as don’t want to loose watchable older recordings and all our series links.

thanks

steve 

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Steve,

Sadly with the recordings pixelating and also paused programs doing the same it sounds like a hard drive issue so the box will probably need replacing, and series links and recordings can't be copied across boxes.

Make a note of all your series links and watch whatever recordings you can.  Also make a list of the other recordings you have left, some might be repeated again, others may be available on catch up or on demand.

I suggest you double check all connections are nice and snug, with no kinks in the cabling especially the white co-axial.

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page?  This may show if there are local issues with the TIVO/recordings and an estimated fix date and time.

You should also check the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Stevenash19 wrote:

we have noticed recently that the new recordings on our TiVo box pixelate or go blurry making them unwatchable. Also currently watching program we had paused and that’s now doing it too.

To add to the advice alredy given, you've not specifically said but....

If live TV is playing ok, that proves your incoming TV signal. If paused TV is affected as well as recordings, then this does point strongly at hard drive problems. If there's an area fault, that would affect live TV programmes.

It can't be repaired and the only fix is to replae the box. Go through your recordings and on each one, scroll down to "view related videos" to see which ones are available from VoD. Those can be viewed OnDemand when you get a replacement box. Prioritise watching the ones you can't source elsewhere, and get the box replaced before it fails completely.

Unfortunately there is no way to transfer recordings or SL's to a replacement box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks