Menu
LauraAimeParis
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TiVo recording issues

We've had our TiVo for a good 6 or 7 years, possibly more, and it seems to have developed an annoying issue.

When setting up recording or Series Link for Strictly (using this as an example), we tell it to record 108 and HD if possible. The next showing of Strictly will always revert back to 101 in the recording options.

The bigger issue is that 101 and some other SD channels are pure digital fuzz so the recordings won't work.

So firstly, why are a lot channels pure fuzz (I've rebooted the box, checked the inputs and reprogrammed it 3 weeks running)?

And secondly, is it reverting to SD recording because our box is quite old and isn't all that HD friendly?

What can we do about this please?

0 Kudos
LauraAimeParis
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo recording issues

Model of the box is Cisco CT 8620 and was manufactured in 2011.
0 Kudos
LauraAimeParis
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is anybody from Virgin able to lend a hand?

I've been waiting over a week with no reply... 84 views and no response :/

Sorry, a little despondent at the lack of support while paying for a service that doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI LauraAimeParis

I'm very sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service recently.

Testing the box from our end shows no errors, I hope that means that things have improved with your SD picture? 

If not, is this with all SD channels or just the certain ones? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
LauraAimeParis
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'll check it out a bit later but it is mostly (as far as I am aware), BBC channels that are pure digital fuzz at all times.

I'll check other channels when I get a spare moment.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me LauraAimeParis

Testing again shows no errors so hopefully things have improved when you get a chance to check.

Speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
LauraAimeParis
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've checked the channels and they seem ok at the moment. I will try setting serieslink on Strictly for tomorrow night and see if we get a garbled recording again as that is the primary issue.

Is it normal for the TiVo to record 101(BBC1 SD) when you tell it to record 108(BBC1 HD)? If it recorded 108, as requested, the issue would never have been noticed.

I'll let you know the results of tomorrow night's test once I know them.

0 Kudos
LauraAimeParis
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It seems to have recorded ok this time on 101. I'd still like it to record 108 instead but at least it's progress Smiley Happy

The issue has been ongoing for a while so hopefully it won't return.
0 Kudos