Menu
Highlighted
gareth_r
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo re-orders Series Links

Has anyone else had a problem with the TiVo box re-ordering the series links?

This is extremely annoying as I have set the order to ensure that programmes on channels that have no +1 and/or do not repeat programmes multiple times, e.g. the BBC channels, are prioritised over programmmes that are repeated.

As an example, if I wanted to record, say: Death in Paradise on BBC1, Madam Secretary on SkyWitness, Taken on 5USA, and The Orville on Fox, all of which are first shown at 2100 on Thursday 24th of January, I would create the Series Links to record from any channel, and ensure that, in the Seies Link+ list, the BBC show was above the other three programmes. 

The result would be that Death in Paradise would be recorded at 2100 on Thursday, along with two other programmes, and the fourth programme would be recorded from a repeat showing at a different time.

Recently, the Series Links are being re-ordered, so I have to check the "clashes" and set the recordings manually, which rather negates the advantages of the excellent Series Link+ feature.

0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo re-orders Series Links

This is an old problem that is never going to be fixed. It doesn't affect everyone, only a select few.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Series-Link-s-Randomly-Reorganising/t...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I still have my wheels rolling
but the engine is old and petrol is low
Don't put your weight on me.
This burden of life you wouldn't know

They Used Dark Forces / Teutonic Witch
~by~
Reverend Bizarre
0 Kudos
gareth_r
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I did search, but obviously not with the correct words. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
japitts
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree on this being a random problem, I've got quite a few Series Links (well above 250) and virtually every time this has happened it's been when I've gone back into the "manage series links" screen when the box perhaps hasn't finished computing a previous scheduling run.

A little while ago I put all my series links into an Excel spreadsheet, which has proved invaluable on the odd occasion the problem recurs.

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

yup, reordering your SL's when there's background processing going on is more likely to cause this.

not that I remember to check when the last connection took place and that a clear hour has passed since it completed - oh no, not that smart Smiley Happy

i think there's been 2 releases since it started, not been fixed so far means it's unlikely to ever be fixed.

0 Kudos