cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo picture is jumping

Razor1979
On our wavelength

So we have 3 TiVo boxes and 1gb Internet 

when they initially installed the TiVo boxes I’m pretty sure they didn’t install correctly baring in mind this was several years ago 

they used the internal wiring in our house replaced the aerial sockets in the two upstairs rooms and fitted TiVo then some sort of booster as we couldn’t get a decent picture on the two boxes up stairs, the annoyance comes like now when we have an issue we can no longer use the external aerial as they butchered the sockets and used the wiring 

that a side it’s worked to a decent degree up until now 

the tv in the master bedroom has started thr only way I can describe it is the picture jumping and going screen going black for 2 seconds every few minutes some times more frequently which has become extremely annoying, been away for the weekend and got home thought I would watch the F1 qualifying I had recorded and it’s basically un-watchable with the screen going completely black 

I thought maybe it’s the feed but even when I had the TiVo box looking at the system info it did the same thing and kept going blank 

I wonder if it’s just got to the point it needs replacing as it’s around 6 or 7 years old now think it was fitted when virgin introduced 100 mb Internet but trying to speak to someone they just don’t understand what I’m telling them, anyone have any suggestions?

I have rebooted the box several times doesn’t make a difference 

looking at the diagnostics it says the SNR level is 40dB and signal strength is 95% but again I don’t think it’s the feed being it does the same thing on the diagnostics page when your not even watching the feed 

any help would be greatly appreciated 

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried swapping the TiVo's between rooms? See if the fault follows the box or remains with the connection points.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Razor1979
On our wavelength

Thank you 

I have swapped the boxes over and the issue has gone away so I swapped them back and still no issue so maybe it was a loose connection or something but seems to be ok at the moment 

Hi @Razor1979,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you were having issues with your TV picture. We can understand the inconvenience caused. We are however glad to see that the issue has since been resolved. Please continue to monitor this and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Razor1979
On our wavelength

Thank you 

all seems to be good so far, so you know if there is a life existence set for these units as obviously we pay monthly for our service are we just expected to continue to pay until the boxes become dead and then at that point they replace them ? or is it a 5/10 yearly refresh  

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If any of your VM equipment develops a fault, it'll be replaced FOC via a home visit tech.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Razor1979, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. We're glad things are going OK for now. 

All equipment is rented so if there are any issues with it, we will replace for free. It is a like for like replacement however you can opt to upgrade if you choose too. We also run time limited promotions to upgrade for free to a new box model if there is one available. 

Hope this answers your question. If you have anymore - you know where we are 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Razor1979
On our wavelength

Hi Kath

Thanks for coming back to me 

how do I find out about these time limited promotions ?, when ever I seem to contact virgin all they want to do is charge me more money by upgrading me