Menu
Fisherpeteruk
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo interference

For a few weeks now there has been blocky digital interference on several channels on virgin media through TiVo. It has occurred on at least BBC1, BBC2, channel 4 and channel 5, and is typically affecting both sound and vision. Often it appears as if it is showing part of a multicoloured ‘test card’ for a second. It happens in live TV, and in recorded TV, and is still there if the programme is rewound, either in live or recorded. The initial interference on channel 5 (standard definition) is not present (as far as I can tell) on the high definition broadcast channel. 

I have: checked connections, swapped for know n good HDMI cables & run the VM online test (no solution)

with the amount I am paying each month this is clearly unacceptable as it is, at least, very annoying, and at worst makes TV unwatchable 

any tests I can run? Or any other advice?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo interference

What action was suggested when you called in your fault - 150 from your Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Fisherpeteruk
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

They said a coaxial cable problem, and are sending an engineer tomorrow

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

..then this forum has nothing further to offer. Your problem will be resolved tomorrow.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped