cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo hdmi arc port

Ashburnian
On our wavelength

Morning All,
I have been sent a replacement TiVo box and I notice there is an arc hdmi out on the back, I assume it is ok to use this if you have the matching tv and av receiver?
Any known issues I should be aware of using this connection? (5.1system).

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The FPE might be needed to bring down the lower analogue frequencies to get them in line with the higher ones, that's why it's called an equaliser.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TiVo has an HDMI connection for linking to your TV, and an Optical connection for linking to compatible A/V kit.

You can toggle audio settings for stereo/PCM sound via Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Audio. I used both via my TiVo for many years (optical to A/V amp, HDMI to TV) and do the same on my V6 now.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what you're asking.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashburnian
On our wavelength

Correction, there is no hdmi on the box sent, it is only shown on the set up guide they sent me. Thanks Virgin.

Sorry, I meant no hdmi arc port.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post a photo of the box you've been sent? Including the connection ports on the rear.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your response, I was hoping hdmi arc was a better connection but as it’s not there on the box sent I am unable to try it anyway.

Apologies for the confusion, I am now thinking the guide picture is the tv end with arc but it does not make it clear so I will connect as normal.

My latest query on this is my old box has something call a forward pass equaliser at the cable input whereas the installation instructions show the cable directly to the box. Any suggestions welcome.

The TiVo doesn't need a HDMI ARC port as the TV will not be sending audio to it. Just plug in as normal and all will be fine.

LittleMick73
Superstar

Hi I too are not sure what you are talking about, what TV box have you been sent a Tivo, V6 or a 360 all of which have an HDMI ports and optical for 5.1 and sound bars, as japitts has asked post a picture particularly the rear of the box. Regards Micky