cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box

Gazza13
Tuning in

Red light on front of box is on most of time sometimes picture goes off but comes straight away and sometimes parental control goes back to default settings,is the box on its way out it's about 3years old

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yip, your box sounds unwell and probably needs replacing - quickest way is to call TV Faults (150 from VM, or 0345 4541111) or you can wait here for staff to pickup which may take a couple of days.

If you have VM broadband, then you might want to consider swapping to a V6. Runs the same software but on a much newer box that's far more capable. There's ways and means of going about this, but something to drop in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yip, your box sounds unwell and probably needs replacing - quickest way is to call TV Faults (150 from VM, or 0345 4541111) or you can wait here for staff to pickup which may take a couple of days.

If you have VM broadband, then you might want to consider swapping to a V6. Runs the same software but on a much newer box that's far more capable. There's ways and means of going about this, but something to drop in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Gazza13,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your TiVo box.

Has this now been resolved? I can see you marked @japitts comment as the solution.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide