Menu
Kala1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box

Hi there, can anyone help me please??.. I have been a virgin media customer for a while now and have had no problems since my nephew has hooked his PC up in my bedroom, everytime he goes online it cuts my TiVo box off which is very frustrating and doesn’t come back on until the PC is unplugged from the mains. Is this a problem with the PC or my TiVo box? Thanks in advance guys hope you can offer advice as it is causing some arguments in my home now. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box

Hi how has he connected the pc, is to your internet hub or direct to the virgin box he has done something to stop the connection to your TV.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Kala1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Micky and thanks for your advice,. He has it running from my WiFi but he is in my next room., I have never had problems before since he fetched his PC here and it is very annoying least to say, the TiVo box won’t boot back up until my nephew turns off his pc. How can his PC interrupt my TV services? Many thanks 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi if it's on WiFi with no cable connections I don't understand why it's affecting your TiVo box, maybe phone and go down the Tv faults route and see if you're lucky enough to get someone at virgin who know what they are taking about and can offer some advice, and talk you step by step what's happening.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Kala1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi lil Micky and thank you for your help,. I feel like I darent contact virgin media as they may send someone out to fix a problem costing me a possible bill that I don’t really need tbh and I don’t think I have a TiVo box problem as it only happens when my nephew goes on his PC in my bedroom via WiFi. Only thing I can think of doing is changing the router password again and kicking off everyone I think is causing me problems?? Thanks 

0 Kudos